Friday, April 24, 2015

My way back into blog

"Sometimes, I can feel my bones straining under the weight of all the lives I'm not living."  
-Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, A novel by Jonathan Safran Foer
I have given up blogging several years ago, when I was suddenly ushered, no – shoved would be a more suitable word for it, into the world of the employed. You may argue that it was not a necessary trade-off, but it was. I had to toughen up if I was to survive a life away from my family, and while I am the tough girl on most days, when the cursor starts doing laps across my laptop screen and the clumps of letters transform into words, then into paragraphs, the chains that are tasked to bind loosen and my heart dangles on my sleeve for the world to see.

Before I became fascinated with fashion and developed the wanderlust to explore the world; before I was smitten by the flavors of cultures and the intricacies of politics; before I realized that boys can be interesting and lost all sense of reason when they're concerned, I was already in love with words and the magic that only words can bring.

There are so many things tangled inside that need to be sorted out; random gems of memories that I want to capture in words for posterity; lessons and reflections that should be immortalized in case I forget them someday; and soul-nourishing experiences that I want to share to the people who are treading the same path of self-examination.

There's a part of me that I've been wanting to find. I even crossed oceans to look for it.

I haven't found what I've been looking for yet, but there's this lingering feeling in my gut that tells me I'm about to.


This is all of me, just a click away.

No comments:

Post a Comment